Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Seminar: The Mobile Data Deluge: What it Means for Users, Apps, Carriers, and the Future of Wireless
Tuesday, July 27, 2010 from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM (EDT)
Cambridge, United States
Online registration is now closed. Walk-in registration will be available at the event.
- Ash Dahod, Founder, Starent Networks; Senior Vice President & General Manager, Cisco Mobile Internet Technology Group.
- Ash Dahod, SVP/GM, Cisco Mobile Internet Technology Group
- Walt Doyle, CEO, where.com
- Kate Imbach, VP Marketing, Skyhook Wireless and Co-founder, Mobile Monday Boston
- Steve Krom, Vice President & General Manager, AT&T
- Carl Stjernfeldt, General Partner, Castile Ventures
The incredible increase in data usage especially video and other bandwidth-intensive applications -- has turned the mobile network model on its head as data now dwarfs the voice share of network traffic. This shift is prompting carriers to change pricing models, to shift traffic off of cellular networks using WiFi and/or femtocells, and to demand more efficient use of the network by applications providers.
How will these consumers, device makers, and applications developers adapt to these changes? Will they adjust or will they force the carriers to adopt other models? Will other competitors to the existing providers emerge and what impact could they have? What can infrastructure companies do to address the new demands? And how will all of this impact the burgeoning applications market.
5:30 - 6:00 PM - Registration and networking;
6:00 - 7:15 PM - Presentation/panel discussion;
7:15 - 8:30 PM - Outdoor reception
Microsoft NERD Center, One Memorial Drive, Cambridge